WE ARE FULLY AWARE OF THE FLAWS IN EPISODE 1. We are already working on improving our show to provide better overall-quality episodes in the future. We decided to let this pilot episode out because it’s natural and it’s really us, four foul-mouthed guys from Los Angeles who bleed the blue, white, and gold colors of the MOST SUCCESSFUL CLUB IN THE MLS, THE LA GALAXY. Feel free to critique our show, we probably won’t care anyways. Enjoy (or hate it, whatever)!
EPISODE 1 – THE PILOT
Not sure what led you to make the mistake that you just made that brought you here, but likely that you deserve it! Welcome to our pilot episode of Straight From The Stands – An Unapologetic LA Galaxy Podcast. This is likely to be an unapologetic, uncensored, and highly opinionated but honest podcast hosted by four guys who support the LA Galaxy from the stands at the Stubby, on the road, at viewing parties across LA, and of course, at home in our Curacao-ass sofas.
In our first episode, we discuss:
– 0:46 Several reasons we each believe were some of the biggest problems that caused a pathetic 2017 season for our LA Galaxy including our obvious defensive woes and our LA Galaxy under Curt Onalfo.
– 12:52 We then move into a discussion about Sebastian Lletget being the most important player this past season, Giovani Dos Santos and Jonathan Dos Santos actually being good players and their performances this past season were a result of a poor team, and several player positions including Gyasi Zardes as a striker.
– 23:25 Begin discussing several topics that we wanted to address including LA Galaxy FO bringing in players that previous coaches didn’t want, Emmanuel Boateng’s substitutions, potentially selling Romain Alessandrini (WTF JORGE!) and players wanting to come to Los Angeles but now have a second option (AGAIN, WTF JORGE!).
– 31:56 Go off topic a bit (well, a lot to be honest but at least we are preparing for episode 2). We address our LA Galaxy scouting efforts (and what other MLS teams have done), poaching players under 30 years of age fighting with their current clubs, #Balotelli2LA, Alexandre Pato with his Ice Cube-like West Side Dubs, and a quick summary about what our podcast may be.
– 40:02 Oh, and #Pancakes.“